Scavi Tour in May

Feb 27th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Scavi Tour in May

Has anyone received a response for a tour date in May? I sent my request in the middle of January for the end of May and I haven't heard back yet (other than the automated response). Just curious to see if anyone else has heard anything. Thanks!
Feb 27th, 2006, 02:02 PM

A year ago, I sent in an email requesting a tour. Got the standard reply that "if you don't hear from us.." So after waiting three weeks, I simply filled out a new request, and sent it in, and presto I got a reservation. They get millions of requests, and only take two groups a day, something like 20 total each day, so they are swimming (drowning?) in requests. I figured my original might have gotten lost in the avalanche, gave them the benefit of the doubt, said a silent prayer and tried again. And it worked.

It was so worth it, the tour is fascinating. You'll love it. Try again, is what I suggest.
Feb 27th, 2006, 02:13 PM

Check out..."How long does it take to receive a receipt for the Scavi tour after sending payment". It's dropped to #93 but I think most of your questions will be answered there. As you will see I sent my request very early Jan for May and to date have not heard a thing. It seems a common complaint/thread on Fodors. The automated response is not very encouraging is it? Dina is going to call....we're waiting to hear if she has any success.
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:49 AM

May I ask a dumb question - what is the Scavi.

Search this Thread