I need help doing an itinerary for our honeymoon in Scandinavia next May-June.
We will be travelling from Montreal, Canada and we have 3 weeks (21 days) with a budget of 6 000$, excluding airfares. We could increase the budget if necessary but would prefer sacrifice on comfort/luxury. We know it is an expensive destination and will compromise on staying in budget hotels/hostels, eating from market or groceries rather than going to restaurants all the time and skip on alcohol.
We are interested in museums, art, design, architecture, scenery, mild trekking.
We would like to cover parts of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and end up with few days in St. Petersburg.
So far our itinerary goes (very roughly) like this:
Montreal - Copehhagen
2 days in CPH, then few days around (Kronborg castle)
Flight to Bergen, few days there and in fjords area
Scenic train from Bergen to Oslo
1-2 days max in Oslo ($$$)
Then Sweden, ending in Stockholm for a couple of days (4?)
Flight to St. Petersburg, 3 days there
Flight back to Montreal from St. Petersburg
What do you think? Any suggestions, things to add/remove/change from this itinerary? Advices?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 beware of robbed in Milan
- 9 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 10 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Barcelona to Malaga
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 21 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler