I'm planning on visiting Scandinavia next month with my Mom. I'm 29 and she is nearly 51. She'll be traveling for a six weeks or so in the aggregate, but I've just changed jobs and cities and have the opportunity to join her for a few weeks.
We're thinking about visiting Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo. We love museums, fashion, shopping, shopping, architecture, shopping and, of course, people watching and meeting the natives (especially important on this trip, since Mom has family from Stockholm). We also love good food and drink. I'd welcome any good suggestions. Right now we're planning to be 3-4 days in Copenhagen, 4 days in Stockholm, and 2.5 days in Oslo. I'd also welcome any suggestions for good and easy day trips from the above places.
I'd also welcome insights on whether we should take the train between these various cities. The rides look lengthy, but we like to see the countryside. Is it pretty and worth doing?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Croatia in mid/late October
- 6 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 7 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 8 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 9 Help with Venice Trip?
- 10 Dubrovnik
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 15 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 16 Norte Dame light show!
- 17 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 10 Days in Austria
- 22 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 23 Greece in end October
- 24 Champagne Tours
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017