Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Scandic navia (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/scandic-navia-520354/)

BillynBettyJones Apr 11th, 2005 11:03 AM

Scandic navia

Hey. Me and my husband Billy are planning to go back to the Scandinavio this summer. We were there a few summers ago and posted our trips reports on here (thank you frodors!). Sum people were trying to be mean at us but were just trying to travel right and share with other people and play it forward and all that. The vikings is just a myth and now we want to go back and see the real scandicnavia poeples. We learned they say why-kings instead of v for video and vaseline. They say waseline and wcr. Try it when you go-it will make you sound more like a lokol!

Are they using the uro dollar or the Scandivio dollar? We will prolly start at Amsterdam and finish in Bruxxelles. Inbetween we want to go back to Copyhagen and this time to Vergen in the ford country. We would like to see the mindnite sun over there. We don't get the mindnite sun in our state in the United States of A. but we'd like to compare the suns.

Any advice about money and things to see and do in the fords and with the scandiopeople is really apprechiated. Takk u!

WillTravel Apr 11th, 2005 11:15 AM

Make sure to get in some nude ocean swimming.

laverendrye Apr 11th, 2005 11:41 AM

Welcome back, Billy and Betty! I hope you're the "real" ones and not impostors.

Patrick Apr 11th, 2005 12:03 PM

Copyhagen is one of my favorites. That's where they invented Kinko's!

And Vergen in ford country is great. Just be sure not to drive a dodge. It's outlawed there. For things to do in fords, well. . .just think of the drive-in movies back home and you'll do fine.

Midnight suns are fine, but I'll bet Billy would like the midnight daughters better!

BillynBettyJones Apr 12th, 2005 12:13 AM

Dammitt!! People! U all are bing less SERIOS than satellite radio!! WE HAVE REAL ????s and I can tell some poeple think were playing around. Please can a serios person just anskwer a simple persons question??? Is that so h difficult?!;

Will travls---we dont go nude. Billy says he don't do butt floss man thong hammok thingies (hahe!!). But get real=it will be COLD there even int the winter! I cant swim. But takk you very much for the sidea.

Lavendereyes== takk you as they say! We just got sick of the excuse my French or "freedom' language (crapp!) on here with people supposing to help but just making fun at us. I can see you ar4e real so thakk you as they say in Scandinavico!

Ptarick==they are kinky there!! Billy got some spceial videos and Ive never seen anything like it! We don't have a daughter tho. Ours is up and out of the nest as we say now off at college "deisel tech" they call it in Nashville. It gives us good reason to travel and see Reba Mcintosh billy's favorite singer. takk you!

BillynBettyJones Apr 13th, 2005 02:10 AM

I have been doing more reaserch and want to play it forward for all the real travellers on hear like us. If you type in http:;/www.norwaythepoorway.comit's a good one for places to stay and good offers. The Sterling airline (Billy calls it '"that silver airline" cause of "stirling" "silver"!!) they do some cheap flites within the Scandinavio places like the Copyhagen and Vergen and Boss and Yawnchirping (switzerland). Go 2 w.wwsterlingticket.com for thier specials treats.

I hope this helps other SERIoS! travellers like us out there. It can be expencive in the Scandicnavio but if you win the pick-5 you can afford it too! Takk you.

rex Apr 13th, 2005 04:40 AM

What a bad camouflage! We all know you posted this, Billy - - and not Betty!

Anyhow, glad to see you made it back from Rome, okay! When did you take up with Missus Jones, anyway? Ah well, with H running off to Wisconsin and Minnesota and Iowa all the time (heck no, she's not planning to run for anything national in '08, huh?) - - I suppose you have even more nights alone than ever, don'tcha?

Get back to work on all those good profects that junior gave you to do with GHW - - you won't upset the widder Jones so much by thinking of all those blondes in the sauna, up there in those "Lapland" destinations (I bet you get excited just thinking about that term, huh?)

Still looking forward to visiting that trailer park of a library they dedicated to you sometime!

Best wishes,

Rex

Ozarksbill Apr 13th, 2005 06:00 AM

Hey Billy and Beth!
So you ask a question "are they using the uro dollar or the Scandivio dollar" and you don't expect us to regard it as comic relief (eye ment komik reeleef)?

Ozarks Bill...even here they don't talk like you write!

BillynBettyJones Apr 13th, 2005 08:14 AM

So I never took tiping in high school or spelling. I have micro point works but cant use it to put messages on here! if I coud i woud use the smellcheck to make sure but i cant. Some of us have to work. we have an bred and breakast to run ya know!!

Please can anyone ANYONE answer my qeustions about changing dollrs for real m0oney when we go and.

Rexx = - i have no clue what you are talking about.???

Ozarksbill we are not hicks. Mabe my tipping is not good but please dont do what happent last time and make it personal which means MEANN!! Play it froward and try to be nice! Yu're just like us and dont'know which money they use there ether or you would have tolt us.

ReAL answers apprechiated!!

BillynBettyJones Apr 13th, 2005 08:24 AM

I have found a airplane called Wideroe that you can jump around up in norway and see the mindite sun. They have reel cheap tickets if you do thier seasons pass. They are on the inter net if you type http;//www.wideroe.com. I am working on my typeing since I get so much criticism but not much HE!P.

Ozarksbill Apr 14th, 2005 05:23 PM

OK, I apologize...if in fact you are serious and not pulling our fodorite legs! I do not wish to be MEAN. I do wonder if you have sought out travel guides, for instance, because you would then know the answer to the question "are they using the uro dollar or the Scandivio dollar?" Yes, in Finland it is the euro, while in the other countries they have their own currency. My advice is to take American dollars, use credit cards, plus ATMs. Where do you get the word like "Scandivio?" That's not just bad tiping (typing)...it's inventing words.
Ozarks Bill

FainaAgain Apr 22nd, 2005 11:03 AM

Are you the same B&B Jones who asked about Vikings in September? Must be... same writing style! Well, your thread is still alive and enjoyed by many for several year now.