We'll have six or seven nights for this area.
We can't get into Sarlat until Saturday afternoon, early October. Beynac Friday if we wish, at the Petite Versaille.
Sarlat appeals because there will be more walkable places to eat at night, a good thing if the driver chooses to sample the wines!
Beynac because it looks beautiful, and a nice place to unwind after a busy day. Nice place to canoe to and from, provided the weather's good, and the rental places are still open.
One concern is the driver has a thing about driving on the edge of a cliff...no scary Alps for us unless someone else has the wheel. It's not the grade of the hill, it's hugging the edge, that terrifies the both of us. Maybe blinkers would help
I'm hoping someone can let me know if that's an issue getting to and from Beynac.
We'll be leaving on a Friday am train to Paris from Brive, so we'll have to get there in good time.
Practically, is one easier to get to each day after being out and about,
(It may be decided for me, the Sarlat rental is not responded to my last email...)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 2 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 3 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 4 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 5 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 6 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 7 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 8 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 9 Easter Week in Italy
- 10 Moscow Hotels
- 11 Rome Hotel
- 12 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 13 Getting around Lisbon
- 14 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 15 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 18 Trains - website?
- 19 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 20 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 23 Spain in 2018
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)