My husband and I plan to visit Sardinia Oct. 5-17. We want to savor the real Sardinia, not hop around and see it all. Ideally, we'd like to rent a house for a week in an area that will allow us to explore our surroundings while enjoying beach time, hiking, and long, leisurely lunches.
I speak fluent Italian which as allowed us to explore most of Italy and Sicily by wandering around slowly.
We would like to spend 3 nights in Corsica also during our time in Sardinia - that will be much quicker.
I'm asking for suggestions of less touristy areas or at least limited to Italian/French tourists. Not glitzy or developed - authentic yet large enough to entertain two travelers looking to immerse themselves.
. We're leaving the USA Sept 18. Thanks for any ideas. Anna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 3 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 4 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 10 days in europe
- 7 Tips for first trip to UK
- 8 European honeymoon help needed
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 Portugal
- 11 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 12 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 13 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 14 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 15 Where to stay in Naples?
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 18 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 19 Browsing Barcelona
- 20 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Croatia in mid/late October
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 25 Help with Venice Trip?