I have booked a 10 night trip to Sardinia for myself, husband and 2 smalls (aged 4 and 7). Very excited, it looks so beautiful. We are staying a 10 minute drive from San Teodoro, a few minutes walk to a village called Monte Pedrosu and near a beach called Cala Girgolu (our hotel apartments: http://www.freelance-holidays.co.uk/accommodation_detail.php?accom_id=180). We have car hire booked.
Can anyone give us any recommendations? We are huge beach lovers and would probably spend more time on the beach/in the water than by the pool at our apartments. But we'd like to explore the area too - we love ruins, natural landmarks, towns and villages, fine eateries, anything at all that is interesting and memorable. I do keep seeing pictures of amazing rock formations but not sure where on the island these are. Also - watersports, any advice or tips appreciated.
Also, should we learn some basic Italian? I hear that there is not much English spoken.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Christmas Markets 2017
- 8 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 9 Budget trip
- 10 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 11 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 12 Driving
- 13 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 14 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 15 Algarve Town Selection
- 16 Tips for first trip to UK
- 17 paris to london- day trip
- 18 Browsing Barcelona
- 19 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 22 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 23 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.