Having searched the internet high and low for over two weeks, I am unable to come to a decision about our holiday to Sardinia for 9 days in early June this year. We are a couple in our late twenties. We are huge beach lovers and love good food and exploring new towns. We fly into Cagliari and out of Alghero and have rented a car for the duration of our stay. Following is the confusion:
We drive straight to Santa Maria Navarasse from the airport where we'll be spending 3 days. From here we head to the north for 3 days and spend the last 3 days in Alghero. We cannot decide where to base ourselves in the north! We are keen to visit the Costa Smeralda for the stunning beaches, take a boat or the ferry out to the Maddalena islands for a day. Having a car will allow us to move along the coast in the day, however we do want to stay in an area that is a little lively in the evening. Not neccessarliy night clubs but more like nice restaurants and bars. We are looking at Porto Rotondo, Cannigione, San Pantaleo and Santa Teresa Gallura as bases in the north. I have heard mixed (??) things about Porto Cervo & Porto Rotondo.....whereas we are not keen to be in the middle of a lot of pretentiousness but at the same time do not want to be in a very quiet town.
Any recommendations on which would be most suitable? Also we would love some recommendations on the best beaches in these areas.
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 4 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 5 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 6 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 11 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 12 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 13 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 14 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 15 Best Greek Island
- 16 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 21 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 22 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 23 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 24 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 25 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland