I'm trying to set up our holidays in Sardinia and I am struggling a little bit. Let's see if someone can give me a hand.
We will be staying in the island for 14 nights, flying into Olbia. We have two young daughters (3 & 5) who are generally OK with spending time in the car, but up to a limit obviously and I don't want to wear them out.
We want to combine beaches which my girls can enjoy with seeing cities / small towns and beautiful landscapes (which is what I enjoy). We want to escape from the masses but without being too on our own, i.e. somewhere were we are 20 km radius of a place with a bit of life and choice max.
My questions would be:
1) Should we go for 2 locations (7 nights each) or 3 (5, 5, 4 or similar)? We don't want to split it thinner because with two small girls it would be a bit too hard. We are not biased to north or south or whatever, at the end of the day we have never been to Sardinia and no one is saying this will be the last time we go...
2) Based on your suggestion for 1) which areas would you recommend?
Depending on your answers I might feel tempted to ask a few more questions
Thanks very much in advance. I know a bit about Umbria and Spain and I'm living in London, so I would be happy to try to help as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 3 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 4 Where to stay in Naples?
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Driving
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 13 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 16 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 17 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 18 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 19 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour