Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Santorini Hotel:In Ia: Katikies Suites( formerly Atlantis Villas) have you been since changeover

Search

Santorini Hotel:In Ia: Katikies Suites( formerly Atlantis Villas) have you been since changeover

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A group of 15 of us are staying in May 9-12, 05 for three nites at the Katikies Suites in Ia formerly known as the Atlantis Villas. Katikies took the property over and I understand have done a beautiful job in renovations.

Does anyone have a first hand experience since the renovation or know someone who has.

Just curious about what has changed for the better.

Katikies now consists of the Katikies Hotel, Katikies Suites and Villa Katikies.

Any special tips we should know about this porperty?

Thanks a mil....
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 11:20 PM

Thanks for posting this information. It might explain why our email to Atlantis Villas went unanswered. We're going May 13-17, and are trying to decide between Ikies and Oia Mare Villas. Katikies is a bit more than we want to spend.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 08:07 AM

tripgirl- My understanding is that they have not yet opened the new and improved Atlantis Villas facility. We are going in early June for a week, split between the Katikies Suites and the Hotel. Katikies told us that the renovations of Katikies Suites would be completed in March, so the upcoming spring/summer season will be the unveiling. Based on that information, I don't think anyone could have first hand experience yet. I am very curious about the scope of the renovations myself. I do know that they are adding a spa and will have an open air gourmet restaurant and a more traditional "cave" restaurant (mirroring the restaurant facilities at the Hotel). Please post when you return on how it turned out!
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 08:14 AM

In Oia all major construction has a deadline (I don't know what it is but I think it's in April), so if they're not finished with their renovations by that date be prepared for some possible inconviences depending on what they're actually doing to the old Atlantis Villas.

This is a lovely complex, by the way. I'll be curious to see what changes they make. Years ago guests would complain about the dampness inside their cave-house rooms. Hopefully that problem has been solved.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

europhile,

I certainly will give you all the lowdown upon my return so you are prepared.

I just checked with them and the renovations will be complete by our arrival.

I was not sure if everything was completed yet, so now I have my answer!