Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Santorini: Any recent experience with the Esperas in Oia?

Santorini: Any recent experience with the Esperas in Oia?

Aug 20th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Santorini: Any recent experience with the Esperas in Oia?

Thinking about staying at this hotel... it looks wonderful and the hotel's communication with questions answered has been outstanding.....Any personal experiences? Thanks.
Aug 20th, 2003, 09:36 AM

I was married there in May and my husband and I and several of our guests also stayed there. Yvonne and the entire staff were amazing and the place itself idylic. Everyone's room was different, all of them were wonderful. The included breakfast was a nice touch, too. Lazy afternoons spent hanging around the pool having a drink looking out across the caldera were hard to beat. I can't say enough about Esperas and will definitely be back one day.
Aug 27th, 2003, 02:54 AM
AllyPally

Book it NOW. I have just come back from the most fantastic week at Esperas and it is everything koolforkatz says!! The location is extremely hard to beat. I took the time to visit some of the more popular hotels on the island to pick up brochures and it just confirmed to me how special Esperas is. You have a ring side seat of the setting sun - no obstructions. People gather every night on the old castle and clap - it brought tears to my eyes on the first night. There is a 238 step walk down to the fishing village below where you can eat fresh fish caught that day. The prawns were the size of my hand!! Venture around the bend, climb over some rocks and you have a secluded cove from which you can dive straight into the caldera. As for the hotel itself, the staff are fantastic, in particular the barman (Julian) and the manager (Yvonne from Holland). They play soft, groovy music during the day and you can just loll around not doing much. It was wonderful and I WILL be going back!!

Aug 27th, 2003, 05:56 AM
AllyPally

btw, I have just received an email from Esperas, thanking me for staying with them and offering me a discount for a repeat booking!! How's that for customer service?

Search this Thread