Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Santa Maria delle Grazie, The Last Supper
Notices

Santa Maria delle Grazie, The Last Supper

Sep 1st, 2013, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Santa Maria delle Grazie, The Last Supper

First i am aware of all the ways to get a ticket at Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan.
I would like to hear from anyone been lucky enough to get an unclaimed ticket by just showing up?
Only respond if you have or know of someone who has.
Sep 1st, 2013, 09:24 AM

My son had a ticket and was there with two friends who did not have tickets . One of them got in.
This was the first week of February 2012. They were not the only ones hoping for tickets, but there was only one "no-show" that day.
Sep 1st, 2013, 12:53 PM

Been there three times.

First two occasions in two and got tickets. Last occasion with my two daughters. Only 2 tickets available so they went and I waited outside.

Go early in the day and ask. If there is availability they will say when. Plan the rest of your day in Milan around the time allotted.
Sep 1st, 2013, 02:36 PM

I don't know if it operates the same way now, but several years ago we arrived in the late morning and waited in a 'hopefuls' line. People in this line were allowed in by ones and twos if those with reservations didn't show up. After waiting 40 minutes and not moving much, we left, had lunch and did some other sightseeing. We returned later in the afternoon (maybe 4/4:30p) and got in within 15 minutes.

Search this Thread