Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced

Old Apr 21st, 2017, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I booked flights on Aer Lingus R/T to Dublin. I also booked flights to other cities in Europe some on Aer Lingus and others . I received confirmation for all my flights but I cannot find the confirmation number for one flight: Lisbon to Dublin 9/2. I have the flight details and departure time and arrival into Dublin. I have searched through my emails and in delete still on my computer but did not find it. I will need tracker number for this flight before checking in online. I wonder if someone can help me as would like to have a print out to put with my other travel documents.

I looked on the Aer LIngus.com site today which did cover this type of question. I emailed them to their Portugal site, since the flight is leaving from Lisbon to Dublin. If I cannot get this sorted before my arrival in Dublin I will visit Aer Lingus customer service at Dublin airport as they should be able to look my flight bookings and hopefully give me the Confirmation number and print out.

Any help with this will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old Apr 21st, 2017, 03:11 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you open a loyalty account with Aer Lingus or is it a partner with an airline where you do have a FF account? That is how I sign in to check on flights like these which show up on my account. Good luck sorting it out.
Old Apr 21st, 2017, 03:50 PM

Try using Twitter to contact them - - it tends to be the quickest way to get a response. I don't twitter by and large, but created a Twitter account which I have just used to contact airlines. Airlines like it because it is lean and fast. You can ask in 140 characters - - something like:

"Flying LIS-DUB 2sep17 and missing 6-digit confo# - - name is XXX XXXX - - can you send confo please?"
Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 03:52 AM

You don't have to have loyalty account in order to create a login - and you don't need a login in order to book the flights. If you don't have a login, you will need your booking ref to find your booking in Manage Trips.

If you use Twitter, make sure you send private messages.

Aer Lingus post numerous contact numbers for their reservations department, why not pick the phone up and call them, ask them to retrieve your booking 02SEP EI483 LISDUB in the name of XYZ and ask them for the booking reference and can they resend the email confirmation (or you can find it yourself once you have the booking reference, if you go the EI website and go to Manage Trip). You don't need the email address of EI in Portugal, you need the phone number for reservations in whatever country you are from.
Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 05:43 AM

I also wondered why you don't just call them up? Wouldn't that be the obvious thing to do?

It seems to me you have no confirmation that you even have a reservation, how do you know you even made one.
Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 05:45 AM

Agree with the last two posters. Pick up the phone, give them a call. With your last name, date and city pair of the flight, they'll be able to provide not only your confirmation # but email you a confirmation.
Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks to all for responding with suggestions. I hold FF with Delta and believe they might have code share. I will phone early AM and might get better customer service and faster. I looked at Manage Flight on Aer Lingus and this issue was not listed. I am experienced traveler and make several trips all over Europe on several airlines. I did book my ticket because I need to stop off in Ireland for few days before returning to JFK. I wrote down all my flights which involve several airlines, and the Lisbon leg is listed with flight# and time of dep. and arr. I charged fare on my card that pays in Euros. I get many emails from airline companies with offers and must have deleted it by mistake. Decided to put this matter up on the forum because its not sometimes easy getting the info over phone who sometimes are not familiar with the routes or the airlines. I will keep working on it as would I would prefer it have it without having a long wait till I arrive into Dublin.

I printed out all other bookings for the trip so am hopeful Aer Lingus can access the departures out of Libson and provide me the Tracker#.

Thanks to all and will send update later. Kate
Old Apr 23rd, 2017, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

I was in touch with Aer Lingus earlier today having my Booing Ref. for my R/T ticket on hand and in a matter of seconds the missing Confirmation was on her screen and forwarded to me. My reason for not phoning airline earlier I dreaded having to stay on hold listening to music for long period. IN fact, I had to hold on for 45 mins. and so happy to have it. I made a big mistake by deleting it thinking it was promotional material.
Happy that Fodor members were so helpful. Thank you.
Old Apr 23rd, 2017, 10:05 AM

Know that you're not the only one to do something like that. Last trip I found I didn't have flight confirmation number for daughter and her family on their flight from LHR to DEN,however husband was home and had access to my computer where it was in my reservation file and on the manage my booking site, so emailed him and he retrieved it no problem. Really frustrating since I always think I'm so organized but traveling with 8 people and being responsible for everything can challenge anyone. I also tend to delete things too quickly.
Old Apr 23rd, 2017, 11:58 AM

I never make a plane reservation without having an account on that airline's website, it doesn't cost anything to do that. Then if you lose the confirmation, you can always print it again.
Old Apr 24th, 2017, 01:45 AM

It's no big deal to lose an airline confirmation, you can always get a copy.

I almost never create an account on airline websites, unless you have no option, can't be bothered to maintain several profiles/passwords etc.

But I do send my confirmations to my Tripcase account, which is helpful if I lose the original email confirmation, as it records the booking ref. As well as future trips, I can see my past trips, follow trips, get gate info, departure/arrival delay/ontime info etc. I don't print stuff out either but use apps.