Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Santa Justa train station in Seville -- Will I be able to pick up a car at 3pm?

Old Feb 21st, 2004, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am following the advice of many here that say it is more convenient to pick up a car on the way out of Seville at the train station. Is this going to be a problem during siesta hours? We are using Carjet and planning to pick up the car on Friday July 2. Thanks!
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

I forgot to mention that we will be heading to Granada. Is it better to pick up at the airport? Thanks.
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 04:03 PM

Unlike in many large European cities, the route from the train station to the road out of town is remarkably straightforward. I believe it's the only time we made our way in without ANY detours.
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 04:35 PM

Hi Marija!

sweeneyashtray,
It's not going to be a problem, as Marija told you. Getting out of the train station is not a problem, and the traffic may be lighter at 3 p.m., particularly in the month of July!
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Hello,
Is the train station better than the airport for pick up if we are heading to Granada? I recall a post saying that the airport was ideal if you are heading east.
Thank you for your help!
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:47 AM

sweeneyashtry,
I find the pick up at the airport really easy (we've picked up and dropped off both places), but it's right on the highway that takes you to Carmona then up to Córdoba.
It might be a little quicker to pick up at the train station, then head down on the ring road to the A 92 to Antequera and Granada. Or you could pick up at the airport and take a back route to get you to the A 92. Not much difference, really, but olga, our resident sevillana, would know exactly, so I'd certainly defer to her expert opinion. Hope she sees this and will weigh in on your decision.
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:42 AM

I find it easier to pick up at the train station, and the offices are always open at lunchtime. It's really easy to get out to the SE-30 ring road, the exit is basically just around the corner. The just take the Granada-Malaga exit.
If you pick up at the airport you will also have to Look for the Granada exit anyway, plus you will have to pay the cabfare to the airport, around 20 Euros from downtown.
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:59 AM

Hi!

I just returned from 2 weeks in Spain (trip report to come soon...), and I picked up a car from the train station in Sevilla. Although I was heading to Arcos de la Frontera, I had to pick up the ring road also, and it was very easy from the train station.

The train station is a shorter cab ride than the airport would be, so I liked this option best, and it worked fine.

Karen
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Train station it is!

Thank you all so much for your help.