Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

santa chiara in rome...what up with the air conditioning?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 03:03 AM
jim and camille

I just booked the Santa Chiara based on excellent input from this forum.<BR><BR>Kathy informs me that the airconditioning shuts down from midnight until 6am.<BR><BR>we will be staying there in september and this could be a problem. is this true?<BR><BR>let us know.<BR><BR>thanks,<BR><BR>jim and camille

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:19 AM
elaine

All I can say is that I stayed there last fall, end of September, and I had so much a/c at night that I needed the blanket.<BR>No reason not to ask the hotel, by the way. It's not in their interest to mislead you.

Old May 29th, 2002, 07:39 PM
russ

Jim and Camille,<BR><BR>I will also be at the Santa Chiara in June. I just emailed them and they responded that their a/c runs 24hrs/day.

Old May 30th, 2002, 02:04 AM
jim

russ,<BR><BR>we emailed santa chiara as well and they assured us that ac will run 24 hours. a recent posting from a lady just back from rome was very favorable of the santa chiara and we look forward to our stay.<BR><BR>have a great trip,<BR><BR>jim and camille

Old May 30th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Myer

We just returned a few weeks ago and I didn't know there was something to be concerned about.<BR><BR>While it was in the upper 70s during the day it probably dropped below temperature of concern in the evening.<BR><BR>Many hotels require that you place a room key/card in a slot on entering. This turns on the electrical power in the room. Upon removal, there is a timer that shuts everything down (I assume AC too) after a few minutes.<BR>I've never heard of things being shut down when in the room.<BR><BR>Anyhow, it appears some people asked and the question was answered.<BR><BR>We loved the hotel and its location. Definitely stay there again.<BR><BR>