Notices

San Sebastian to Bilbao Airport

Oct 15th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

San Sebastian to Bilbao Airport

Thank you for your responses - they've been quite helpful. So, I am down to either San Sebastian (gracias Amer_can) or Zaragosa. At issue is I have a flight back to the states that leaves at 7am on November 3rd. I thought about coming back to Bilbao on the 2nd and staying near the airport. I can't find transportation that eaves San Sebastian around 4am to get me to the airport by 5-6am. Too risky? Come back to Bilbao on the 2nd and stay near the airport?

Peace and everything good to you ~
Oct 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM

My previous email still applies. Go to San Sebastian first and then finish in Bilbao. This solves the transportation issue.

I would in no way visit Zaragosa over San Sebastian. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Zaragoza. I'm a slow traveler, always looking for off the beaten path places, and spent 2 nights in Zaragoza. It had some interesting sights but nothing that would hold me over San Sebastian or other places in the Basque country more logistically in line with your plans.
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Cathy -- unfortunately, and this is where I screwed up -- I am booked travel via Expedia for 5 nights in Bilbao beginning October 26th and check out 31st. I got a good price for both airfare and hotel. I am seriously thinking of coming back to Bilbao on the evening of the 2nd and staying close to the airport. A bit panicky as the flight leaves at 7am and the hotel shuttle doesn’t begin till 5:45. I hope there are taxis that run earlier. But, you’ve given me an idea – wonder if it would be worth it to pay Expedia the extra for a change of hotel stay—if that can happen.

I recall you are in the South Bay as in RB/HB/MB? I live in Long Beach
Oct 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM

Personally I'd see what it would cost,if possible, to switch the hotel nights via Expedia. The trip would flow much better logistically and you're already paying so much for the vacation why not do what you really want.

I'd arrange a taxi with the hotel in Bilbao. I wouldn't worry about staying near the airport - just arrange the taxi with the hotel night before.

There used to be a flight that left Bilbao at 10 a.m. and connected via Paris to LAX. It looks like the flight doesn't run in late Oct-March or so. I've been lucky enough to avoid the 7 a.m. flight for my returns in early October!

Yes, I saw you were from Long Beach - I'm in HB so we're neighbors.

Search this Thread