Europe in October

Search

Europe in October

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Europe in October

I have a week to spare from my vacation to South-East Asia and I was thinking of going to some cities in Europe..... I can not figure out which are the best places that i should go to .... my dates are Oct. 19th - Oct 24... any ideas ....??? i have been to spain and want to try something different this time around .... maybe Dubin, Amsterdam or Munich .....and word of advice ??
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 06:33 AM
P_M

Given those choices I would go to Munich. I was there in October a few years ago and the autumn colors were brilliant. If possible get out of the city for at least a day and drive thru the mountains, it's glorious in October.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 07:15 AM

weather north of the Alps could always be cool and rainy at this time of year - based on several October trips there - but a city like Amsterdam or Munich can be enjoyed in any kind of weather.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 07:54 AM
ira

Hi E,

Paris, Paris, Paris

Old Jul 20th, 2009, 12:36 PM

Hi Element -

It looks like you're interested in visiting more than one country during your extra week, so I think that London and Paris are the most realistic options for you because you'll probably be tired from the South-East Asia leg of your trip. The train ride from London to Paris only takes 2 1/2 hours, you'll see some of the lovely English and French countryside, and both cities are really fun to explore. You're the best judge of how ambitious you want to be during your trip, but I recommend that if London and Paris don't interest you, that you pick one country that interests you the most and choose two cities in that country to visit. My favs in Italy are Venice and Florence, my favs in Austria are Vienna and Salzburg, my favs in Ireland are Dingle and Dublin, and my favs in Germany are Passau and Regensburg. Hope that helps, and bon voyage!!
Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all, this really helps..
PamEwing, I agree with the fact that I'll be tired from South-east Asia...and my intent of this week would be to explore the fall colors and enjoy the city that I go to .... i just found the Amsterdam has a dance festival going on in the third week of Oct....exactly when I am planning to make my trip so I am leaning towards that .....i am just not sure of the weather at this point in time... i dont mind a bit of cold since i m from canada and i'll be coming from Aisa which is always HOT !!!
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 03:40 PM

Hi again -

Great, sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 12:22 PM

I went to Budapest, Vienna and Prague last October, and the weather was beautiful. As I recall, we only had one day with rain. You could pick one of those cities.