My husband and I are travelling to Spain mid-August for 12-13 nights. We are flying into Barcelona and out of Madrid. I have 4 nights that I still have open, and since we are exploring 2 cities, I wanted to break it up a bit with beach or/and mountains.
Originally I wanted to head south to Granada and Seville, but I understand it will be too hot in Auguest, especially since neither are on the beach. Instead I was thinking perhaps San Sebastian or Mallorca. I've read a bit on both and crused some of the postings, but had additional questions.
1) Does Mallorca attract a similar crowde as Ibiza? My husband and I are in our mid-30s, we enjoy going out and would like some sort of upscale scene, however, Ibiza is not our thing, even though it looks beautiful.
2) Is there a specific area of Mallorca that would be better - Northeast perhaps? I read some posts about violent muggings by Palma in the south...
3) Weather in San Sebastian - I read the average temp in Aug is low 70s F - is this accurate? Isn't that a little chilly for beach weather?
One last thing - I have a severe shellfish allergy (cannot be cooked on same grill even) - I know shellfish is a staple in both places - was wondering if I may have an easier time in one place over the other...
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 3 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 4 Advise Needed
- 5 10 days in europe
- 6 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 11 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 land vs river cruise
- 14 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 15 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 16 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 17 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 18 Scotland ideas
- 19 Tips for first trip to UK
- 20 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 21 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 22 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Malaga Christmas lights
- 25 Portugal