Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

San Sebastian-Hotel Europa or Hotel Niza?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2003, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? I am trying to decide between the two. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 06:11 AM

I haven´t been lodged at any of them, just in both hotel´s cafeterias (as I live in SS), but my vote goes for Hotel Niza. Its location is perfect, opposite La Concha beach; in my opinion Niza has a special charm, Europa hasn´t (although its location is very good too, a few meters away from the beach). I cannot talk about the rooms or the services but problably someone else can!<BR>Let me know if I can help you with restarurants/bars or whatever you need to know about San Sebastian.<BR>Hope you enjoy it!
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 09:26 AM

I stayed at Hotel Europa and I would recommend it. Very close to the beach, service was good, rooms were clean. No complaints.
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 10:12 AM
joy

We stayed at Hotel Niza--it was a very simple, plain but pleasant hotel right on the beach. Be sure to ask for an ocean front room. We tried, but could only get one on the street side.
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 10:31 AM

tragua,<BR>Like Toro, I've enjoyed the Hotel Europa. I think that the rooms are more &quot;plush&quot; than those at the Niza (have more bells and whistles, more in room amenities like bathrobes, trouser press, minibar), but the rates are more expensive, too. We really like the Hotel Europa's bar, as it's lively all the time with locals, and the prices for their tapas/raciones are quite reasonable. (I haven't dined in the Txokito restaurant). Although it doesn't face the beach like the Niza, La Concha is only steps away, and the Europa provides beach towels for its guests. I've recommended both hotels to friends who have been pleased, but I think the Europa offers more comfort wise.<BR>If you need to economize, then stay at the Niza. If you want something a bit more &quot;upscale&quot;, I'd choose the Europa.