Notices

San Pawl Hotel, Malta

Jan 14th, 2004, 01:33 PM
PFitz

San Pawl Hotel, Malta

San Pawl Hotel good, bad, or indifferent ?

Jan 14th, 2004, 01:59 PM

DO NOT STAY HERE...

I had the chance of a week in Malta in June last year standing in for someone who had dropped out after it had been booked.

I jumped at the chance to go but as the holiday had already been booked didn't have a say in where we stayed or anything.

The only downside to the whole week was staying in this hotel, easily one of the worst places I have stayed. I am not overly fussy when it comes to hotels by any means but I do expect a place to be clean and tidy and generally well-run and efficient. Thankfully I was only in the room to sleep at night, though was kept awake one night with a cockroach running around the floor. That was until I demanded to be moved rooms after some arguing with the front desk.

The food was not good either (we were half board unfortunately). The meals were repetitive and the food was incredibly bland.

Overall the place had a terribly worn out feel to it, as if far too many people had stayed here and it was in need of a facelift. Communal areas were not kept clean and the carpets were very worn and stained.

As an aside, I would not recommend you stay in the St Paul's Bay area where this hotel is situated as I think there are a number of preferred areas to stay in Malta.

Are you staying here as part of a package holiday?
Jan 15th, 2004, 11:18 AM
PFitz

Many thanks for the prompt reply Dave,yes I plan to go on a package deal in August with my wife & 2 children for 2 weeks, half board accomodation,I have read 2 responses on the said hotel which may make me change hotels, again many thanks for your response.
Regards
PFitz

Search this Thread