San Lorenzo de Escorial via tour bus?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would like to find a reliable tour company to book a half-day trip to San Lorenzo de Escorial from Madrid. So far, the companies I have checked out have less-than-stellar ratings. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Gracias!
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM

It's very easy to get there on your own by bus and then you wouldn't be stuck to a schedule, buses go and return very frequently. Anyway that's what I did, the buses leave from Moncloa metro station. YOu can take a train but the train station is farther from the complex and doesn't really save you any time, as I recall. Which is why I took the bus.

http://www.madridinfosite.com/en/day...-escorial.aspx
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 12:03 PM

We went with Pullmantur, recommended by the Westin Hotel. It was fine, although it's true that the guide explained in Spanish, and then in English. There wasn't much to do besides stand there and wait while they went through the Spanish. Take a jacket, that place is stone and cold!
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 12:05 PM

I agree with Cristina once you are there the monastery is not far from the town and all visits are guided visits. Great guides.
I found tours a night mare because they make you loose time picking up people and then leaving prople on the hotels.Once we went there by taxi it was not expensive but today it might be. You can go by taxi and return by train or bus. If you are in your own you can enjoy lunch in town. We did do and it was great.
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 03:50 PM
kja

I took a Viator tour of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen many years ago (2004). It worked for me, even though I generally don't particularly like tours.