San Gimignano accomodations

Apr 4th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

San Gimignano accomodations

Looking for a great agriturismo in San Gimignano area for under $90/nite for a single. I would also consider something similar to the North & West of Siena so I would still have easy access to the San Gimignano area. I will be there late May. Any recommendations?
Apr 4th, 2006, 10:06 AM

Cduke:
Not an agriturismo but restored farmhouses surrounded by it's own vineyards, walking paths, etc..three kms south from San Gimmy...and a gorgeous view of the city, towers and all! Have stayed there twice and recommended to many family and friends...Hotel Pescille..a bit more expensive than the agriturismo..well worth it..pool and lovely gardens and grounds.
Stu T.
http://www.sangimignano.com/pescille/indexe.htm
Apr 4th, 2006, 12:40 PM

And, 500 yards north of there is this lovely B&B we spemt a week at:
www.casanovadipescille.com

Both are good options.
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:32 AM

My husband and I once found ourselves in San Gimignano without hotel reservations and nothing available in town. As a result, we drove a couple of kilometers outside of town and stumbled upon a farmhouse B&B that opened up early just for us (it was February). The location turned out great since we could spent days in San Gimi and many other cities and return to the farmhouse/vineyard at night. By the way, there are many great restaurnats around this area close to the farmhouse. The price should fit your budget starting at 90-95 Euro (for doubles) which includes breakfast, taxes. etc.
By the way when we got there we also discovered this B&B is listed in Karen Brown's Italy B&B guide. You can visit their webiste to see the farmhouse, rooms and (beautiful) countryside in which it is located at www.casaledelcotone.com

As indicated in the web address above the name of the farmhouse is Il Casale del Cotone, located a few km outside of San Gimi. The owner, Alessandro, is very charming and informative regarding things to do and restaurant recommendations in the area, etc. Have a great time!

Search this Thread