Reload this Page >

Samos ,mykonos,syros ,tinos or skopelos ,skiathos and alonissos

Old May 12th, 2018, 12:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
My wife (58 years old and i(64 years old ) are programing to spend 3 weeks in Turkey and Greece from 13 august to 3 september 2018.
Arriving to dalaman airpirt from istanbul ,we will rent a car to spend 2 nights in dalyan and 5 days in kas ( tour in kekova bay an excursion to Kastelloriso,a beach day in patara ir ksputas beaches ) and we will return to Sekcuk or kusadasi to visit Ephesus,
we hesitate between to flight from Izmir to athens and a second fligh the same day to skiathos for 10 days in Sporades (skopelos,alonissos and skiathos),
Or to take the ferry from kusadasi to samos for 4 days and the ferry to mykonos for 6 days as a base to visit tinos and syros?
In the sporades ,skopelos seems a lovely green island with a good nightlife with musical evenings at the end of August and has vast expanses on a sea of ​​limpid water,alonissos has a beautiful nature , whereas skiathos town seems to keep a good atmosphere day and night .
On the other side, samos has pretty villages apparently as Tinos ,while syros, very different from other cyclades ,seems to have a very beautiful chora.
Mykonos will serve to live a good festive atmosphere.
We are not fans of beaches but we like discover ,and visit beautiful villages, mueums , a festive atmosphere and romantic strols with beautiful sea views.
Thank you to advise .
Riadhou
Old May 12th, 2018, 05:45 AM

Are you particularly interested in Dalyan?
If not, you may fly from Istanbul to Antalya (tons of antique sites in the surroundings, like Perge, Aspendos, Side....), then by minibus to Cirali/Olympos/Adrasan - Finike - Demre/Myra - Kas (or by direct bus to Kas), by Turkish boat to Kastellorizo (arrival in the morning) - by Greek boat/catamaran (Bluestar or Dodecannese Seaways) from there (departure in the afternoon) to Rhodos and then by catamaran to Pythagorio (Samos).

Daily ferries between Samos and Kusadasi.

Izmir - Skiathos: check the flights Samos - Athens - Skiathos too.
Old May 13th, 2018, 01:54 AM
Original Poster

Greece and Turkey

This is a good idea.For Ephesus i can visit it from samos!
But i visited Rhodes from 3 years ago during 1 week .Is there another beatiful to visit from kastellorizo in the way to samos .

From Antalya to thermessos ,cirali and kas ,do you think that it is necessary ti rent a car.

The other way is to flight to Izmir ,visit ephesus and continue to kas ,but i think it is a long way.!
Another way :izmir ,ephesus ,samos and a ferry to Bodrum .But this is a different option from the region of kas,kekova and kastellorizo
Do you have visited samos ,kas ,kastellorizo ?
Do i need to rent car in kas?
Had you been in the sporades ?
Thank you
Tiadhou
Old May 14th, 2018, 03:04 AM

I visited more than 50 Aegean Islands (the 2 Turkish one's included) as well as the Turkish Aegean and Mediterranean coast (the latter from Marmaris up to Arsuz/Syrian border).
Minibuses from Antalya Otogar to Belek - Cirali - Olympos - Adrasan - Kumluca run about every 30 min. They stop on the main road where are waiting connecting minibuses (and taxis) to the beaches.
Minibuses from Kumluca to Demre and from Demre to Kas at least every hr.
If you don't want to stop at these intermediate places, take a direct Antalya - Kas bus (at least every 2 hrs).

Thermessos may be a bit more tricky. All Korkutely bound buses and minibuses stop on request at Thermessos park. From there it's about 6 kms up to the ruins. Sometimes, there are minibuses/taxis waiting at the bus stop, sometimes there is some direct transport from Antalya. Ask your hotel reception or at the Otogar.

Rhodos: coming from Kastellorizo, you will most probablxy have to stop over there because of the boat timetable. Be aware that Bluestar ferries arrive at the ferry pier est of the city wall (relatively close to hotels Cavo d'Oro, St. Michel, La Sera, Gallini, Roxanne, etc.) whereas Dodekannisos Seaways arrive close to the Marine city gate and taxi rank.
On Mondays Tilos or Nisyros (volcano!) could be nice alternatives. There are almost daily boats/catamarans between Nisyros and Kos, whereas Tilos - Kos can be done only Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Leros and tiny Lipsi have nice walks and nice beaches, Patmos too, plus the famous monastery.