Samos & Mykinos - Greek Islands

Old Feb 27th, 1997, 10:00 PM
J Miller

Samos & Mykinos - Greek Islands

My wife and I plan to visit the Greek isles in April. Any suggestions or thoughts about Samos and Mykinos. Accomidations? resturants? Attractions?

Old Feb 28th, 1997, 06:25 PM
a. cherins

Have you thought about either Crete or Santorini? My husband and I were there this summer for our honeymoon and they were both fantastic. If you change your mind, you can email me for info. Good Luck!

Old Mar 14th, 1997, 08:17 AM
Kimberly Johnson

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to the Greek isles. Can you tell me about the islands that you spent time on. We want to relax, scuba, bike, and laze around on the beach!
Thank you,
Kimberly

Old Mar 16th, 1997, 09:54 AM
Lisa Davis

I would love more info on Crete. Did you find any particularly nice little hotels, or any really good beaches? Any good restaurants? Did you hike the Samaria gorge? We are planning to go in June. Is it easy to travel between Crete and Santorini.
Thanks!

Old Mar 19th, 1997, 05:23 PM
J Miller

Traveled to Crete in 1977. Was not impressed with the Island although I know others liked it. It is a very old civilized island going back 5000 years with inhabitants. Take a boat from Crete to Santorini - about two hours? Santorini was a great place to vacation and relax. Get out of the main town at the top of the 200+ steps and seek a more quiet part of the island.