Meeting place between Sevilla & Malaga

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we're in Sevilla, our British friend will be in Malaga (what a surprise!). We'd like to meet up with her for a day but have little interest in going down to Malaga ourselves.

If we can't convince her to come up to Sevilla for a day, where's an interesting meeting place between us that easy to get to by either train or bus? I'm thinking about Ronda, but RENFE doesn't even show it as a destination. I've found a bus site, but it only lists departure times & not travel times/arrivals, nor prices.

Any help with suggestions of other towns, or info on the Sevilla to Ronda & Malaga to Ronda buses or trains is appreciated.
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 07:15 AM

alan64,
There's no Seville to Ronda train service, Bus service is available through Los Portillos and the trip takes 2 1/2 hrs.

There's more frequent bus service from Málaga to Ronda, with 14 daily buses taking 2 hrs..

From Málaga to Ronda you can go by train but it can take up to 3 hrs. I think one may have to change trains in Bobadilla.

Here's the bus schedule:
Departures from Sevilla to Ronda:
Mon.-Fri. at 7, 10 a.m., 2, 5, 7 p.m.
Sat: 7, 10 then 7 p.m.
Sun.: 7, 10, 5, 7 p.m.

Returns from Ronda to Seville:
Mon.-Fri. 7, 10, 2, 5, 7 p.m.
Sat. 7, 10, 7 p.m.
Sun. 7, 10, 5, 7 p.m.

see www.arunda.com/transporte.htm

Osuna is a lovely town, filled with beautiful Renaissance architecture. I think there's frequent bus service from Seville- 9 daily busses taking one hr. No train service.
From Málaga there are just a few daily busses, I believe, and trip takes 1 1/2 hrs. No train service.

I'm not sure about the bus co. from Sevilla to Osuna or Málaga to Osuna.

Maybe josele, who lives in Málaga, will see this and offer more info or another meeting point.
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 07:38 AM

alan,
The bus co. that serves Málaga-Osuna is Alsina Graells.
www.alsinagraells.es
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks once again, Maribel!
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 08:16 AM

Your friend can catch the train from Malaga to Ronda, but the Regional Express only travelers in that direction in the early evening, arriving in Ronda at 21:22 (9:22 pm) and passes through Ronda on the way to Malaga the next morning at 07:50.

It's the Regional Express Nš 03057. The cost is 8.15€ each way and would be a great way to travel if your friend wanted to spend the night in Ronda.
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 09:12 AM

There are very good train connections between Seville and Malaga. As I recall it is only about 2/12 hrs. by train so unless you and your friend want see Ronda or Osuna you might as well make the trip either from or to Seville.
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 12:05 PM

Osuna is well communicated with both Seville and Malaga, being on the direct railway track; though is nearer to Seville. There is a catch, as there is a long stretch up from the Osuna train station to the town center (30 min walk) and there is no taxi service at the station or a bus stop nearby. At least this was the situation three years ago, I had the chance to talk about this incomvenience to the town Major, but I don't know if he did something, as I always drive there.
Another chance is Antequera, is nearer Malaga, but the road from Seville is very straight and flat. Only that there is no train from Malaga, but there is from Seville (don't ask me how this can be, I don't know).
Whatever you decide, I'll be please to recommend must-visit.