Salzburg or St Giglen ti visit the aerea

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2017, 03:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I programmed to stay 3,5 days in the aerea of Salzburg from 6 august (afternoon) to 10 august 2017 .

1)-Do you advise me to stay in Salzburg or in St gilgen to visit Salzburg,Wolfgang ,Hallstatt and Berchtesgaden.

2) How should i divise my stay (3,5 days) to visit those places?

Yours
Riadhou
Old Jun 17th, 2017, 06:19 AM

Two bases -Salzburg for it and Berchtesgaden and St Wolfgang (IMO) for the others - that said in 3.5 days that is too much. Drop Hallstatt and Berchtesgaden IMO -more than enough to do in the Lakes and Salzburg.

do you have a car or going by train or bus? Car would be best for doing all of them in a short period but trains and buses can get you to all of them too - for lots on trains and these areas check www.ricksteves.com; www.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.seat61.com.

But simply too much for 3.5 days - travel time between them all will take about a day all told.
Old Jun 17th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Dear PalenQ

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes I have a car.

In this case how do you see the division of the stay.

do you advise to stay in Sankt Giglen better than in Salzburg?

Hallstatt is very beautiful .I think it will regreetable to drop it ?

I programmed to arrive on 6th august from Mittenwald to stay either in Salzburg or in St Gilgen.

The 7th visit Hallstatt and another lake village other than Wolfgang

The 8th Salzburg

The 9th Berchtesgaden!

What do you think about it?

In case i will use the car to reach Salzburg ,should i take the bus 150 from St Gilgen or to drive to Salzburg and park the car in a parking!

Best regards
Riadh oueslati
Old Jun 17th, 2017, 07:46 AM

I programmed to arrive on 6th august from Mittenwald to stay either in Salzburg or in St Gilgen.>

Better stay in St Gilgen that day -much easier drive to Hallstatt from there to Hallstatt.

Rest is quick but Hallstatt to Salzburg will take a half day -leaving such a short time in Salzburg which has many neat places to visit.

You can do it but you will be driving half the time.

Berchetsgaden could be dropped- whatever you're looking for there you will see in Austria in terms of mountains.

Hallstatt is superb.
Old Jun 17th, 2017, 10:35 AM

Hallstatt is neat to look at, on its idyllic lake hemmed in by soaring Alps but the town has little to offer otherwise - but some great Alpine excursions nearby, including those ubiquitous for Salzburg area Salt Mines.

But from St Gilgen it should only take a few hours drive via Bad Ischl, neat town to look around for an hour or so - old Royal Hunting Lodge stuffed from top to bottom with some Franz-Josefs hunting trophies.
Old Jun 17th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

I think that your suggestion is a good option to stay in st giglen to visit Hallstatt and to drop Bertchtesgaden.

However instead to change the hotel from st giglen to salzburg for the 2 resting days ,i think that it will better to stay in st gilgen and to visit salzburg from there with bus.

Or do you think it is better to change the hotel and stay in Salzburg the 2 last days ,as the next day i have to drive to Munich?