Salt mine tour in Hall,Austria

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Mary

Salt mine tour in Hall,Austria

I read something about a salt mine museaum that has a tour available in Hall. Is it still open? Is there any line ups, or restricted times to visit?

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:55 PM
x

Wow, is there really such a thing as a salt mine???!!!! I always thought it was just an expression that you say when coming home from work "Another day at the salt mine" : )

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:15 PM
tobi

yup - visit http://dachsteinregion.at

I also wrote about my visit there in another post - look under the post called Hallstatt if you are interested.

Old May 13th, 2002, 08:17 PM
steve

I think Hall is somewhere else - not Hallstatt and I do believe that it did have a tour several years ago and may still have one now. Try the Austrian National Tourist Office.

There are salt mine tours a Hallstatt and Hallein (near Salzburg). Have done both and both are fun.

Old May 15th, 2002, 10:59 AM
John

Mary:

Hall is outside of Innsbruck. In the many times that I have been to Hall (relatives live there..the lucky stiffs!), I did not see any salt mines. The ones that I know of are in Hallein, Hallstadt, and Berchesgaden

JOHN