Saint Andrews, Scotland to Paris, France

Sep 18th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Saint Andrews, Scotland to Paris, France

I am wanting to travel from Saint Andrews, Scotland to Paris, France...can anyone please recommend the easiest ways to get from point one to point 2? Also, websites where I could book a ticket would be great.
Sep 18th, 2005, 11:15 AM

Taxi to nearby Leuchers then train to Edinburgh. You could continue to London Kings Cross (some trains go straight through)then cross London by taxi or tube to Waterloo and take he Eurostar to Brussels then another train to Amsterdam.

Or from Edinburgh head out to the airport and take a flight with Easyjet.

www.easyjet.com
www.thetrainline.com
www.eurostar.com

Good luck!
Sep 18th, 2005, 11:21 AM

For cheap flights from Glasgow to Paris try www.air-scotland.com
Sep 19th, 2005, 01:56 AM

Easyjet doesn't fly direct from Edinburgh to Paris, sadly : you'd have to go Edinburgh-London Luton-Paris.

I think BA (www.ba.com) & Air France (www.airfrance.co.uk) are the only two airlines which fly direct from Edinburgh to Paris (although watch out for BA also offering indirect routes via Manchester etc).

If you don't mind taking two flights you can also fly from Edinburgh-London Heathro-Paris with BMI - www.flybmi.com.

There is a bus from St Andrew's to Leuchers station and I believe it is timed to connect with trains.

The bus to Edinburgh airport goes from the street outside both of Edinburgh's main railway stations (Waverley and Haymarket), about every 10 minutes (less frequently at night & v. early morning) & takes c.20 minutes.

Adam - Brussels ? Amsterdam ?

OP, in case you are confused, the Eurostar train does go direct from London Waterloo to Paris.

Search this Thread