Sailing the Greek Islands in May?

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Jen

Sailing the Greek Islands in May?

We would like to take our honeymoon as a sailing trip in the Greek Islands. We don't want a big ship/tour experience. We prefer a more intimate setting and would like to be able to have some control of where and when we go. Any suggestions/comments?

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 08:24 PM
grasshopper

Check www.gpsc.com. Last May we chartered a sailboat with skipper for a week. It was much cheaper than you would think and was a fabulous experience. Also take a look at www.greektravel.com. Matt talks about his charter experience and give lots and lots of info about all of the islands. Be sure that you also spend some time on the mainland. Meteora and Delphi are well worth a few days.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Ally

Last poster had good info. You may get more responses if you post in the 'cruise' section, although there may be more discussions on the 'BIG' cruise boats, it can't hurt to post there and see what comes up! Good luck!<BR>If you ever want a very small, luxury sail of the Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef, I can recommend<BR>www.luuryyacht.com.au/holidays/holidays.htm<BR>My husband and I sailed with them and it was fabulous. Great food, great company, great diving, great snorkling, great wine...can't say enough great things about John (the skipper) and Lynne, his wife (the cook, dive master, etc). It's a 54 foot sailboat that only takes 6 at a time, so VERY personal.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 08:31 AM
Ally

ooops, that should be www.luxuryyacht......

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 10:02 AM
Wendy

Jen, check out www.go-today.com they usually have some great sails thru the islands on the Barefoot Windjammer ships. I didn't see any listed today but they update constantly and have really good prices!