Search

Sagrada Familia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sagrada Familia

Hello,

I am trying to buy Sagrada Familia tickets for June from their website for church, audio guide and tower. When I choose a time to enter the church, it is automatically giving me a slot that is 15 minutes later to enter the tower. This seems to happen no matter what time I select. It seems strange. I have read of people selecting their tower time an hour or so later than their time to enter the church. Does anyone know how to do this? I would rather see the church and do the audio tour first, and then go up into the tower, especially because I know that once we have already visited the tower, my 11 year old son will be ready to leave.

Thank you!

Daria
Old Apr 12th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Also, if we have to go into the tower 15 minutes after we get into the church, when would we get our audio guide? Do we just see the tower first and then tour the church? Also, do we have to do the tower visit at the allotted time, or can we do it at any time after the appointed time? Thank you!
Old Apr 12th, 2018, 07:30 PM
kja

My understanding is that the ticket for the tower is for the EARLIEST time you could go, not the time you MUST go. And I believe that you should be able to pick up your audio guide when you get there. BUT your best option would, I think, be to send your questions to the Sagrada Familia ticket site -- they were extremely prompt and responsive to my questions.
Old Apr 12th, 2018, 08:22 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
The tower is on our "Elevator list." Explained here. Personally, I would skip the tower. Enjoy the church.

https://travelswithmaitaitom.com/cha...rnist-marvels/
Old Apr 14th, 2018, 10:31 AM

We agree with Maitaitom that there is so much beauty in the interior of Sagrada Familia that we'd recommend spending your time enjoying that. We will be returning to Barcelona in the fall and are looking forward to seeing the great progress since we last saw it a few years ago. Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 14th, 2018, 04:31 PM

The engineering and technical models you will see in the basement museum will likely be much more interesting to your son than you might think. Talk with him about it now, and show him some photos so he understands some of the concepts in the construction and elements of the design. That was one of the best parts of visiting the church.
Old Apr 14th, 2018, 05:58 PM

I don’t remember how the timing worked for the tower visit but I wouldn’t skip it. I enjoyed it very much. We took our time and loved everything, including the museum downstairs.