Reload this Page >

Safe parking for our rental car in Naples or Sorrento

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 10:25 AM
arlene koenigsberg

Please let me know of the parking lots in Naples or we would rather do Sorrento. We will be in Capri for five days and want to keep our rental car safe. Do you need to make a reservation and what would the cost be. If you can answer any of these questions, I would appreciate it because we are leaving in 8 weeks!! [email protected]

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 03:19 AM
d.

usually when you park your car in Naples some shady looking character will approach your car, if you give them about 2 or 3 mil..thats about 1.50 us dollars, your car will be fine when you get back, there are paid parking lots here also it just depends on where you go, i live here and use these shady guys all the time, the unspoken rule is if you don't give them a little something you will find a broken window or something unpleasant when you return to your vehicle, it is a scam but like i said in the two years i've lived here, i haven't had any problems, so don't be to frightned by their appearences when they approach, and don't take out all your money in front of them, and don't leave anything valuable in view inside the vehicle.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 10:28 AM
ohoh

Um, I think you meant to say 2 or 3 thousand (...while mille means thousand, mil. is more likely to be interpreted by US folk as 1,000,000.)

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Joey

Topper

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 12:51 PM
Linda

Ohoh, yes, you are correct, but the American slang for 2 mille (2,000), is 2 mil. d said he has lived in Naples for 2 years--by now he's got that slang as part of his vocabulary--so he was correct too. I've lived in Naples, so that may be coloring my perceptions, but I'd never consider 2 mil to mean 2 million when talking about Italian lire.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 04:09 AM
d.

thank you linda..how silly of me to assimilate to this culture considering i've lived here for so long now...