So I'm trying to narrow down an apartment search at the moment. I'd like a safe neighborhood which has very good transport links to the rest of the city. I'm not interested in night life but I'd like to be fairly close to good restaurants, although I'm not averse to largely residential areas. The most important thing is safety though so I'd rather not be in an area where people will be drinking late at night in the streets when I might be coming back home alone. I have a student budget, looking to spend 400 euros max including utilities, will probably end up living with roommates, and I'm a girl.
So far, I'm thinking about looking in Moncloa, Arguelles, Retiro, Cuatro Caminos, La Latina and possibly Malasana. Are those good areas for what I want or should I be looking elsewhere? I would have included Salamanca too but I've heard it's quite expensive.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 paris to london- day trip
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Tips for first trip to UK
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 9 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 GTG Paris December 2017
- 14 Where to stay in Naples?
- 15 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 European honeymoon help needed
- 18 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 23 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 24 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 25 Browsing Barcelona