I will be in Berlin the last week of June with my daughter (age 13). The only day we can visit Sachsenhausen easily is on a Monday when I know the museums are closed. My daughter has just started learning about the Holocaust and is interested in going. When thinking about this visit I had already decided not to do a tour and instead to learn about it on my own and then decide how and how much to share with her. Obviously she has an idea, but she is a very sensitive kid and I am uncomfortable with her seeing video footage, etc. that would just be too much for her. Having said all that, can anyone tell me if it would be ok to go on a Monday or is it advisable to go only when the museum portion is open?
Thanks for any insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Trans Siberian Train
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 South of France
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 23 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?