I just spent a weekend in Rye, a small town in Sussex, England. It is a really beautiful place, with lots of little cobbled streets and Tudor-style buildings. The town has amazing history, with walls dating back to the 1300's and a historic castle/tower to guard against French invasion. American author Henry James also lived there for a time, and his house and garden can be visited.
I highly recommend it as a travel destination, and it can even be done as a day trip from London if you are pressed for time. I wrote about my trip and posted lots of photos on my blog if you would like to read more: http://www.aladyinlondon.com/2013/02/rye-sussex-winter-travel.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 2018
- 2 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 3 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 4 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 7 Christmas week in Ireland
- 8 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 9 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 10 Which Aran Island??
- 11 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 12 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 15 Barcelona to Malaga
- 16 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 20 Rent in Rome
- 21 Rome Hotel
- 22 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 23 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 24 Moscow Hotels
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery