I just can't decide so I have come to ask for advice. Any and all is appreciated. But first, a disclaimer. I posted this identical question in the Air Travel forum, but I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get. Apologies if that breaks any rules.
We are a couple aged 50 traveling in mid-January from a city in Germany to an area in Spain. We will travel with one smaller carryon each plus one 20-21" roller suitcase. (For reference, we will not check anything for our international flights) Here's the comparison:
Ryanair - I figured on the 20kg checked luggage allowance for each of us, online check in and credit card admin fee. Flight comes to about $75 pp. The flight is non-stop and will get us on the ground 3 hours earlier. Total flight time is about 3:00.
Air Berlin - Flight is $105 pp and makes a one hour stop at PMI. Total flight time is about 4:50.
I am tempted to take the Ryanair flight, but I have never flown them and have concerns about luggage and possible cancellation. The price of the Ryanair flight has gone down by a few Euros in the past week or so.
By the way, the actual arrival cities are different, but for the purposes of this discussion, I would like to leave those issues out of the mix.
The money, obviously, is not a big issue. It's the flight time. This flight will come directly in the middle of a very short Europe trip - we have 4 nights in Germany prior to the flight and 4 nights in Spain after the flight.
So what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 4 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 5 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 6 Family vacation
- 7 GTG Paris December 2017
- 8 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 9 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 which language school in Italy?
- 12 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 13 Driving
- 14 Dubrovnik
- 15 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas Markets 2017
- 20 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip