Reload this Page >

Ryan Air - Treviso to Stansted

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 03:52 AM
Sally

Morning - I need to get from Venice to London Heathrow for my flight back to NY. British Air connections fly to Gatwick, and Ryan Air flies to Stansted. Does anyone know how long it takes to get from either of those two airports to Heathrow? Also, BA flies from Marco Polo but Ryan Air flies from Treviso. Is that far from Venice proper? It seems that with all the flight cutbacks it is very time consuming to get from one place to another. Being from the States I have never flown on Ryan Air but I see that they are very cheap. Thanks for any help. <BR>Sally

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 04:34 AM
bettyk

Sally, I can't help you with the particulars on this one, but having checked out the Ryan Air website, one thing I did notice was their limit on checked and carry on baggage. You are limited to 15 kilos of checked baggage and 7 kilos of carry on. Anything over the 15 kilos is charged at 5 Euros per kilo. Just so you are aware of this.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 04:37 AM
Rex

Unless your flight is quite late in the day - - I realize that these do exist, but only a very few depart after 5 pm, London to NYC - - you would probably be better off to fly directly TO Heathrow. Alitalia, for example offers service (via Milan) for only $116, roundtrip (throw away the return portion) leaving at 7:35 from Marco Polo, arriving Heathrow at 11:10 a.m.<BR><BR>The trip from Stansted to Heathrow will take you 1.5 to 2.5 hours, and ryanAir's earliest arrival (at Stansted) gets you there at 11:35 am.<BR><BR>Of course, you could consider going the day before. Given the cost of lodging in Venice, that might not be the worst choice, if you economize on your lodging (somewhere OUTSIDE London, presumably) that night before.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Surlok

Treviso is a short ( 20 to 30 mins) train ride from Venice, Santa Lucia. During the day, there are many departures. Not so many at night. However, I don't have a clue about where the Treviso airport is. You might need to take a taxi from the train station to the airport ( what you'd have to do in Venice, too, probably a water taxi, or water bus if you were to use Marco Polo as airport).<BR><BR>I guess your major problem would be the transfer Stansted/Gatwick, as Rex said.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Heather

Sally, I took a RyanAir flight from Treviso in June. It's approx. 30 minutes from Venice by train. Then, you must either take a cab or a 10- or 15-minute bus ride to the airport in Treviso. I had an early flight and there were no taxis for the 30 minutes that I waited and the cab phone didn't work. So, I asked a local and hopped the bus across the street from the train station (sorry, can't recall the bus route #). Fairly easy but allow yourself time for unknowns.<BR><BR>Travel time from my hotel near the Accademia to the Treviso airport (vaporetto-train-bus rides) was 2 hours, including wait times.