I am from South Africa and are quite interested in going to Russia and Scandinavia for a honeymoon of about 2 weeks in August 2013. Russia, because we like museums and its very different culture, and Scandinavia (especially Norway) because we would like to see some ice and glaciers (and possibly do some hiking). I like the rest of Europe as well, but am a bit weary of too many other tourists at that time of year...
Anyway, so my rough plan was to fly to Moscow (spend 2 days), train to St Petersburg (spend 3 days), train to Helsinki (try and coincide and run the Helsinki marathon and spend the night), fly to Stockholm (2 days) and fly to Oslo (spend 3 days in Norway).
We are quite active (hence the marathon and hiking) and thus a laid back island holiday isn't really our scene. I have very little experience in Europe so your suggestions about the feasibility and cost effectiveness of such an itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Also if you think the itinerary is perhaps a bit too strenuous (especially on a young marriage!), I will definitely heed your warnings
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO! EMAIL $ 1800:570:1233 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h by 24*7
- 2 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 3 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 4 Women's semi-stylish, comfortable shoes?
- 5 11-12 nights in Portugal
- 6 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 7 10 days in Portugal
- 8 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 9 Driving
- 10 Paris November 2017
- 11 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 12 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 15 My France Vacation
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 Greece during Easter week or August
- 19 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 20 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 23 2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
- 24 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona
russia and scandinavia for honeymoon - suggestions please...