Running in Paris and Rome

Old Jan 15th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running in Paris and Rome

I am going to be "in training" during my trip to Paris and Rome in March for a half marathon...and am wondering the feasibility of running 5 miles throughout the cities while I am there. In Paris, we are staying in the 7th, and in Rome at the Hotel Panda. If any runners have paths they've found, or other suggestions, I would really appreciate them.

(I do still plan to indulge in all the chocolate, croissants and cheese I can handle--I figure this will just work some of it off).

Thanks!!

Erika
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 11:20 AM

There are loads of places to run in Paris. The Parc Monceau is a favorite for Parisian joggers, but you'll see them on the Tuileries and the Jardin de Luxembourg and all other parks.

If you're staying in the 7th you could run the length of the Champs de Mars to the river and then run along the Seine to Notre Dame, cross the bridge, run back along the right bank and then cross the bridge back over in front of Les Invalides and back up the Avenue de la Tour Maubourg and on to wherever you're staying.
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Erika
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 11:35 AM

When in Rome I enjoy running along the Tiber River and to/from the Vatican. If staying near Piazza d'Spagna then run up the Spanish Steps and into the park around Villa Borgese.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 02:01 AM

Contact the Paris chapter of the Hash House Harriers. They will give you lots of running route suggestions (and are a good source for running routes where you won't have to dodge tourists every third step). They may even be hosting a run while you're in town...a great way to meet and mingle with some locals and expats.
http://parishhh.free.fr/

Ditto for Rome. Their web site is:
http://www.rh3.it/

Note: the Rome chapter hosts an "Ides of March" toga run in March...maybe you can join in.