rules of the game (Fodor's Forum)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 12:08 PM
vote

rules of the game (Fodor's Forum)

No rules, of course!

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 12:10 PM
Angela

The rules of the game seem to be -: <BR> <BR>1) Be rude to anyone who does not give (in your opinion) enough detailed information in their question. <BR> <BR>2) Ignore a message if it did not give enough info. in the message title. Especially if you went to it found you could not answer the question once on the thread and thereby wasted your valuable time. <BR> <BR>3) Be particularly rude to those who ask (in your opinion) trivial questions - such as "Do they drink milk in France?" <BR>In fact always consider these postings a "troll" until you hear otherwise. <BR> <BR>4) Consider all valuable information as coming from a travel agent in disguise and therefore reject it out of hand. <BR> <BR>5) On a particular day be mean to a particular person. For example today - Thursday will be Eds day and all useful information that he gives will be ignored or found to be objectionable. <BR> <BR>6) When being mean to someone always use a false name and/or e mail address so no one knows it is you. <BR> <BR>Are these the rules you mean?? <BR> <BR>Angela

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 12:56 PM
NoNameThisTime

Angela, you forgot two: <BR> <BR>7. Just for fun, impersonate others by posting under their name and e-mail address. Sit back and watch the fireworks as others wonder whether the victim has suddenly lost his mind. <BR> <BR>8. Propose changes in the way the forum is run, then post under numerous identities to "vote" for the change.

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 12:59 PM
Tito

here's another: Use the forum for anything you wish as long as it promotes your means. But raise hell when anyone else tries to bend the rules. <BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 04:38 AM
Secret

Angela, you idiot <BR> <BR>1) If you want help you have to give enough detailed information in your question. <BR> <BR>2) I will ignore your message since it did not give enough info. in the message title. <BR> <BR>3) How dare you ask such trivial questions? Do some research dummy. <BR> <BR>4) I have no doubt that you are a travel agent in disguise and therefore reject your lousy advice. <BR> <BR>5) Since today is Friday, you are in the barrel...have you always been dumb or were you born that way? <BR> <BR>6) By the way my name is [email protected]

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 05:16 AM
Angela

hmmmm <BR>Firstly it wasn't my message originally. Secondly you did respond though didn't you. I will not call you an idiot though as it isn't a particularly nice word to use to someone you don't know, especially when done annonymously (sp?). But you are obviously adhering to the rules I mentioned very well. Unfortunately this is what the rules seem to have been in the past few days on the forum especially to Ed and Julie. Please try and be nice in future? <BR>Angela

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 05:42 AM
love2trvl

<BR>Looks like Secret's answer was firmly tongue in cheek!! He/she was just following the rules of the game!