Reload this Page >

Rue Cler - Olivier (sp?) and Co.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 05:49 AM
trying

I don't know that this has been posted, and it is possible old news: There is now an Olivier (sp?) and Co. on the Rue Cler, near the intersection of Champs du Mar. Don't know how long the store has been there. Saw it in April 02, but was not there when we stayed on the Rue Cler in 99. I believe the main store is on the Ile St. Louis. I know this isn't earth-shattering information, but for fans it might come in useful.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 06:46 AM
s.fowler

Yes! I saw it there this June -- such a nice selection of olive oil and other goodies -- and the young Brazilian woman who was in attendance was a delight!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Paris

I stumbled across it in Feb. '02, so it has been there @ least that long.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:27 AM
JOdy

One of my favorite places to pick up small gifts..bouquet garnis and the candies that look like olives but are chocolate on the inside as well as various oils always make a hit aand are inexpensive and easy to carry home! I use the one nr Rue de Buci..

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Wendy

Not sure about the price differences but they are in the states now as well. We were in the one on Newberry St. in Boston and found out there is one open here in Seattle as well.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 09:32 AM
flygirl

their olive soap is my favorite soap in the whole wide world! I thought I brought enough back in April to last until my next trip - didn't realize it would be this long til I went back, wah!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Rachele

There is also one in Grand Central Station in NYC

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Jon

My wife just returned from Avignon with a bagful of O & Co products. She was unaware that they sell on their websites:<BR>http://www.oliviers-co.com/<BR>http://usa.oliviersandco.com/browse.cfm/2,36.html <BR>j.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Paul

You might want to look across the street on r. du Champs de Mars at L'Epicerie Fine for small presents to bring back. (Next door to Cafe du Marche.) I think you would be rather pleased.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 11:51 AM
BTilke

The very nice charcuterie on the corner of rue Cler and rue d. Champ de Mars has been replaced with a Le Notre charcuterie (opened on June 29, 2002). It's nice, but too similar to the upscale place right next to the Ecole Militaire metro stop (and post office on the corner of the rue Cler).

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Melissa

There is the same, larger O& Co store in the Marais, as well. Both were wonderful!!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Gretchen

I was going to post what Paul did about the Epicerie. It is an absolutely gorgeous store--mustards, spices, olive oil, vinegars. Saffron! Lovely.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 08:25 AM
Rachele

I did the same thing as Paul & Gretchen. I brought french jam back from there for my work associates and they loved it.