Reload this Page >

Lodgings in Florence????

Search

Lodgings in Florence????

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 1999, 05:06 AM
Denise Scandiffio

Lodgings in Florence????

I am planning a trip around Easter to Florence. Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to stay in or near Florence. We have relatives (never met) in Pistoia (outside Florence) who would want us to stay, but I don't want to intrude too much. We are taking our two children (age 16, 12). Will museums, etc. be closed around Easter? Appreciate any advice for a 4 day stay. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Denise

Old Jan 13th, 1999, 01:52 PM
shannon

I have not been to Italy yet, but am in the process of planning a trip in March. I have found a number of travel books on Italy, and a few which cater to my needs. As a recent college graduate, therefore of limited funds, I depend greatly on a Let's Go Guide. For you, with a family, I would certainly check the Fodor's Guide,or something similar, which will give you more family-geared (and unfortunately sometimes more expensive, too) places to stay. The nice thing about the Let's Go is that it gives phone numbers, prices, even specific directions to where I will be going. Your kids might like to check it out-- and they could give you some assistance in making plans!

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 05:15 AM
Joyce

We stayed at the Belletini last year because it had been specifically recommended by one of the Fodor staffers as her personal favorite in Florence. You can see Fodor's complete rundown on it by going to Fodor's home page, hitting on Hotel Index, then Florence, and finally Belletini. It was in a very good location, easy walk from train station to everything else. The rooms were huge by European standards. We had one large bed and two single beds in our room, so it would be ideal for your family. The hotel itself, staff and good breakfast were all more than expected.

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 05:55 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Denise, Here is a perfect option. A rural setting, halfway between Pistoria <BR>and Florence, a reasonable B&B, and a <BR>true Tuscan flavor. Go search and find <BR>VILLA RUCELLAI---I think you may like it

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 06:20 AM
Danielle

I've been to Florence several times. Most hotel rooms are not very large and are pretty expensive. On my last trip (November) I stayed at a place recommended by a friend called Hotel Pendini. It's in a very centrale location and some of the rooms are very large - request a large room over looking the Piazza. Our room had a King bed and a twin bed in it plus a sitting area. The hotel has been recently renovated, the staff was very nice and the breakfast room is large and airy. It was also reasonably priced. I believe the hotel is listed in Fodors as well as many other guides so book quickly. <BR>

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 07:00 PM
Denise Scandiffio

Just want to thank everyone for your recommendations. Any further info regarding Florence would be greatly appreciated. This is only our second trip to Europe and can use some help. <BR> <BR>Denise <BR>