Where's Old Town Traveller?

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 10:02 AM
JustWondering

Where's Old Town Traveller?

Haven't seen her name lately; is she posting under another name, or is she gone?

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 10:06 AM
JustWondering

Ooops! I believe it's OAK Town Traveller!!

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 10:07 AM
Book Chick

Actually it's "Oak Town Traveller" & my guess is she's left Fodor's permanently unless she's posting under an alias. Some people made some pretty rude comments about her & also on the Fodor's U.S. forum from what I understand. She'd been planning to attend a GTG of one of the groups & cancelled, citing a level of discomfort at attending the GTG based on some of the comments made.

Too bad we had to lose someone nice to probable trolling!
BC

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 10:08 AM
JustWondering

Book Chick, thanks for responding. You're right; it IS a shame.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 05:04 PM
nancy

Anyone have her real address?
If so, would you mail it to me at mine?
I would like to get in touch with her.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 05:48 PM
Book Chick

Hey, Nancy,
Looked back on some old threads & Oaktown (she did write it as one word) never used a real e-address & even mentioned once that her family would kill her if she did, (maybe they were spammed in the past, possibly from a source other than here, I hope?) so she didn't. But..it looks like a lady named Liz (Liz Buch?) organized a San Fran Fodor's GTG & she may have Oaktown's actual e-address.

Still, a pity all in all....
BC

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 06:09 PM
StCirq

A shame she's lost. A lesson for all of us that even if you get pilloried on this site, it pays to stick around. The meanies eventually go away and the people with information to share eventually gain recognition. It takes real guts and determination, though, I know that.Maybe Oaktown Traveller thought it wasn't worth it. I can appreciate that.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 06:20 PM
Book Chick

StCirq,
I definitely agree! We might not all agree on favorite towns or hotels, but we should always respect each others' opinions. I think so many of us do, that I'm really chagrined it takes so few (who are irritating as hell, admittedly) to drive away someone so nice.
BC

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 07:55 PM
Betsy

The lady's name is Betsy and I don't have her address either. Sorry, Nancy. Your memory is great, BC.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 08:11 PM
nancy

Thanks anyway.
It *is* too bad.
I would have liked to E-her and ask her to come back.
I can see though , how one could just give up here, when the "nasties" get going!

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 09:18 PM
Surlok

You can find Oaktown traveler on www.cruisecritic.com forum. She is often posting on the cruise fashions board.

Surlok

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 10:15 PM
Surlok

Correction: Oaktown last post on the cruise critic board was on July, 26.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 11:21 PM
Patti Suttle

Book Chick: I agree with you that even when we don't agree we should at least respect others opinions.
I have not always liked the responses I have been given (take it too personally). I really do not agree with- a lot actually- here but the wealth of information keeps me coming back. I especially do not care for the put down of Americans so often-thats when I turn off. I really appreciate those of you who really are supportive, encouraging and giving of your time and expertise.
Patti