I am considering going to Lapland (Finland) in December before Christmas and I am a bit confused as I would love to visit Santa's village which is in Rovaniemi and get into the Xmas Spirit or whether to go further North to be more in the midst of nature rather than in a city and have more of a chance for snow and Northern lights.
Is the scenery similar or its more spectacular in the North? I read in Rovaniemi in December there might not be much snow yet. Is this the case? How can I combine the 2 places with buses/trains (cheapest way).
I need to decide quick as flights are already very expensive...
I appreciate any feedback...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transfer
- 2 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 3 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 4 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 5 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 6 Which Aran Island??
- 7 Easter Week in Italy
- 8 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 9 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 10 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 11 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 12 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 13 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 14 Moscow Hotels
- 15 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Dublin to Donegal
- 19 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 22 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 23 Barcelona tour option help please
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Greece -- Alternative to Athens