We are going to Finland for 8 days the beginning of May and are thinking of taking the overnight train to Rovaniemi, and spending 2 days, one night in the area before taking the overnight train back to Helsinki. We would rent a car in Rovaniemi and just sort of drive north. Would the weather at this time permit us to drive north to the Ivalo/Inari area or the Muonio area? Which would you suggest for scenery and just the north experience? (not into the Santa Claus thing, just want to get into Lapland) Would it be hard to find accommodation with just showing up in the small towns/villages?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easter Week in Italy
- 2 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 3 Moscow Hotels
- 4 Rome Hotel
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 Getting around Lisbon
- 7 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 8 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 9 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 10 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 11 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 12 Trains - website?
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 19 Spain in 2018
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 22 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 23 Christmas week in Ireland
- 24 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 25 Which Aran Island??