Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Jan 22nd, 2001, 12:20 PM
Robert

Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Has anyone stayed at theBurg Hotel in rothenberg odT?
Thanks

Jan 22nd, 2001, 02:30 PM
judi

Robert, has your decision been made to stay at the Burg Hotel? If not, I recommend the Hotel Garni Hornburg. You can read a lot of glowing reports on it at Rick Steves's site. Go go Graffiti Board, then to Heroic B&Bs. I loved this B&B.

Jan 22nd, 2001, 06:43 PM
Ann

Robert... it's a lovely, lovely, quiet and elegant hotel in a town where quiet can be hard to find. It's along the outer wall of the town... great views... You will be doing the place an injustice if you are only going for a night. If you're going to spend several days, definitely it's the place to stay. For an overnighter or two, we like the Reichs Kuchenmeister, but it's definitely a step down from Burg Hotel.

Jan 22nd, 2001, 09:38 PM
greg

We stayed at the Burg Hotel. It is a lovely hotel. It was listed in Karen Brown's guide. We asked for a room with a view of the valley which looked like a scene from a fairy tale book with gingerbread farmhouses. The hotel is located at the citywall and is very quiet.

Jan 22nd, 2001, 11:01 PM
Neva

The Burg Hotel sounds lovely, but if you can't get in there I'll second the vote for the Hotel Garni Hornburg. One of my all-time favorite B&Bs.