Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rooms w/o facilities in switzerlnd.How Inconvienient are they ??

Old Nov 16th, 1998, 08:36 AM
Bhavna

we are considering a room without facilities.
How bad is it ? Have never stayed in a hotel like that. Do you get privacy ?
Is is separate for men and women ?

Thanks

Old Nov 16th, 1998, 10:15 PM
Donna

It all depends on where you're staying. Just call the hotel and ask for answers to your questions. Although they may a bit put off by the inquiry. The Swiss are incredibly "fastidious" and "reserved", so you'll probably do just fine. Believe me, the Swiss have the most amazing "facilities" I've ever seen - particularly in public places. Gorgeous restrooms, self-santitizing stuff, automatic spritzes of air freshener. Trust me, you'll be positively amazed.

Old Nov 18th, 1998, 04:26 AM
Anna

The facilities are not separated, but each toilet or shower has it's own door. Kind of like sticking a shower or toilet in a closet. You may want to bring a big nightshirt to wear back and forth to the shower. It's kind of like being back in college and having the facilities down the hall.

Old Nov 19th, 1998, 02:49 PM
Cheryl Z.

You might also wish to bring along some rubber or plastic sandals or slippers to wear while showering. And dry your hair (and shave legs!) back in your room.

Old Nov 20th, 1998, 04:24 AM
May

Hi Bhavna, I have stayed in several Swiss hotels with shared facilities. I didn't find it difficult at all, the facilities are very clean and often, very close to the rooms. Privacy is no problem, most of the time, it's a like a bathroom in a house. All the places I have been to have the shower shared by men and women, but often, the toilet is men or women only. It's really not too inconvenient, especially as the rooms often have sinks where you can wash your hands, brush your teeth etc.