Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

rooms for four people in Belgium and Amsterdam?

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 01:38 PM
olga

Does anybody know if there are hotels in Belgium and Netherlands with rooms that fit four people? I can guess that there are some but not all by far... I just need to know to budget our trip with two teenagers.

Thanks a lot in advance

Olga

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Olga, we stayed in a very large room at the Mercure Arthur Frommer in Amsterdam -- a corner room with very high ceilings. It was a block off a canal and within walking distance of the Rijksmuseum and other popular areas -- the rate was reasonable too. I think you'll find this hotel on several sites. If not, I have direct contact info. You can e-mail me. Happy Trails!

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 09:31 AM
m

in amsterdam we had 1 large room for family of 4 in the Estherea. Very nice hotel in good, convenient to everything area. also included very good buffet breakfast.

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 10:07 AM
wes fowler

Olga, I can't help you directly with Belgium since you haven't indicated where in Belgium you plan to visit. You might check the following website for info:
http://www.horest.be/pages/fr/hotels/index.htm

Old Apr 10th, 2001, 05:34 AM
olga

Thank you all so much!

I will research those hotel options; Jim, if I have trouble finding that hotel, I might e-mail you, thanks.

Wes, we don't know yet where we'll go in Beligum and Holland - I am just starting to plan this trip. I am presenting at a meeting in Amsterdam at the end of May, so we thought of flying into Brussels and leaving from Amsterdam. I posted a question earlier asking for suggestions on where to go - we will have about 10 days total - but received no answer, I guess my post got lost, as it sometimes happens... So, in short, any suggestions about the itinerary would be great. Thank you in advance, and thanks for the website.