Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Room recommendations at Hotel Le Regent in Paris?

Mar 13th, 2002, 05:38 AM
shiegra

Hello there!

Does anyone have any specific recommendations on rooms we should request at the Hotel Le Regent (the one on rue Dauphine). My fiancé and I have chosen it for 4 days in Paris in September as part of our honeymoon. As we'd like to request their nicest room possible, I was wondering if any of the folks who had stayed there before (and recommended it highly) thought any particular rooms were nicer than others. We have checked availability and superior double is indeed available for the dates we need. I know we won't be spending TONS of time in the room, but it *is* our honeymoon, after all!

Many thanks!

-L

Mar 13th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Sherry

Well, we did stay at the Le Regent in January of last year. We did not stay in the superior double room. My husband likes the hotel very much but he said he would pay for the superior room as we looked into one on the third floor and it was much bigger than the one we had. I think there is one on that floor in the front that has french doors which open and there is not exactly a balcony, but sort of like a little stoop to look out onto the street. The rooms were appointed the same as far as we could see (ours and the one we looked into). They are very nice. You can e mail me if you have any other questions.

Mar 13th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Patrick

Shiegra, I have stayed there twice, both times in a superior double. I couldn't tell you which numbers they were, but all the superior doubles are pretty much alike, just individually decorated, but all similar. They are larger and have nicer bathrooms than the considerably smaller standard rooms. If I were you I'd just ask for one higher up, and you will be fine.

Apr 1st, 2002, 12:10 PM
Dave

The superior double will be fine I think. I've stayed at the hotel numberous times, both before and after it's relatively recent upgrade. Higher floors are likely to be quiter, but all in all it's a very nice hotel in a great location. The staff should be able to give you some additional information on which room you might want if you call them directly. I've also had good luck talking directly to them during their time @ about 4PM or so. Best wishes for a great stay!!!

Apr 1st, 2002, 05:14 PM
Fred

First, understand that practically no hotel will guarantee to reserve a particular room for you unless you're a returning very regular guest. It depends on the comings and goings of other guests. They certainly won't kick someone out of their room because you want it, or keep the room empty so that it will be available when you arrive. The best you can do is tell them you want the best superior room possible. A superior room will be better than the standard room so I would go for that. For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]