Notices

RomeLoft Apartments

Aug 25th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

RomeLoft Apartments

Question: has anyone on this forum rented apartments through Rome Loft? I just read a horrifying review on TripAdvisor for an apartment through this company. The traveler's apartment was broken into. TWICE! With no evidence of tampering with the locks, so it appeared to be an 'inside' job.

Stories like this really scare me out of renting an apartment.

Can anyone help me put my fears at bay?

Or....can anyone recommend a hotel that also has apartments that the hotel manages? Somehow the thought of a hotel apartment makes me feel safer even though there are no guarantees.

We are a party of 4 adults traveling to Rome next June 2016 and price range per night is USD200 - 300.

Many thanks!
Aug 25th, 2015, 02:07 PM

There are a good few hotels in Rome that have apartments under their management. Three that come to mind off the top of my head, in descending order of price, are Hotel Campo dei Fiori, Hotel Mozart, and the Bee Hive (which is more a hostel than a hotel, but it's highly rated). The apartments of all of these are off-site. Those of the Hotel Mozart and the Hotel Campo dei Fiori are very near the hotel, and you can easily make use of the hotel services. The Bee Hive manages apartments that are more scattered about, and there aren't all that many services to take advantage of.

If the price is for all four of you, and if you want two bedrooms (as opposed to one bed room and a sofa bed) your budget is a bit low.
Aug 25th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the hotel names, I'm looking them up right now!
Aug 25th, 2015, 03:23 PM

I have rented from Rome Loft, and so have my relatives and two of my friends. All of us stayed in different apartments in different parts of Rome -- me near piazza Farnese, my relatives near the Vatican, and my friends in Trastevere -- and all of us had good experiences, no problems at all. Certainly no thefts. Can you post a link to the Tripadvisor story? Any chance the renters didn't understand how to lock the doors?

Anyway, thousands of people rent apartments in Rome, from Rome Loft and other agencies, and this story is the first I've ever heard of theft. I've heard plenty of stories about thefts from hotels.

Have you contacted Rome Loft to ask them about this?

If you are now too scared to rent an apartment no matter how many other people never encountered this problem, do some google searches for "residence hotels Rome". Something else you might consider, given your budget, is booking a b&b with shared bathrooms, but which is small enough so that the only guests are your family. Or try AirBnB

But I still think an apartment is your best bet if you can get past your fears.
Aug 25th, 2015, 03:29 PM

This is a few years old, but it might be useful to you

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/20...partments-rome
Aug 25th, 2015, 03:55 PM

I found the link to the TA apartment review. Hard to know what to make of it, since it was written by a one-time poster. I also found it curious they failed to mention what was taken in the burglaries. If you look on the Rome Loft site itself you can see other reviews, and you can also see that they don't edit out negative reports, so I don't think all those reviews are unreliable. If I seriously wanted that apartment, I would contact Rome Loft. But even if I felt I'd heard enough to make me want to rule out using Rome Loft, I don't think I'd rule out renting an apartment. But maybe you'll find something you like in lodgings other than an apartment.
Aug 26th, 2015, 03:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone....I think I'm taking just one review and blowing it out of proportion.

I'll take a look at airbnb as well as residence hotels. I still love the idea of renting an apartment - last year I regretted not renting an apartment in Spain especially after I got there and realized there was nothing to be nervous about.

If you have all rented apartments and had good experiences I might have a good one as well!

Search this Thread