Reload this Page >

Rome with teenagers for spring break

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Luba

We are going to spend 7 days in Italy this spring break with our two teenage kids.<BR>We are planning on spending 4-5 days in Rome and then maybe go to the Amalfi coast.<BR>Any suggestions for hotels that would take 4 people in one room? Also, since these are holidays, will anything be open during Good friday and Easter Sunday and Monday?

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Maria

We will be in Italy over the same time period. We are coming home on Good Friday but I have read several places that many things close on Easter Sunday and Monday.<BR><BR>Friday would be an excellent day to watch the Pope's procession through Rome. I am dissapointed to miss it.<BR><BR>http://www.cross-pollinate.com/ We used this Bed and Breakfast booking service for Rome and they have several places that sleep 4. <BR><BR>We are also going to the Amalfi Coast. Maybe that would be a good place to be on Sunday and Monday? You could hike and enjoy the views??? Although I would check and see if the public transportation will be available. My understanding is that locals flock to this area over Easter. A rental car may be nice here IF you dare drive it.<BR><BR>And here is a list of Hotels in Sorrento. http://www.ilnido.it/sorrento-hotels.htm

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Linda

Try the Daniela Hotel in Rome. Stayed there twice with my students (15 yr olds) & had 4 students per room.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Marj

The Santa Chiara hotel has quad rooms (2 room suites). We stayed there with our kids last March. It was very nice. I think La residenza and due torri also have quad/family rooms. All these hotels are in great locations and are 3*. Hotels don't always mention quads on their websites since they generally may only have a handful. Email the hotels you're interested in and ask.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 10:39 AM
cindy

In Rome, try charmingitaly.com. We booked a quad room at the Hotel Isa there for June. The rooms are supposedly a pretty good size too. This is a 3-star hotel and is costing us about $200/night including breakfast. It's located between the Vatican and the Spanish Steps. Charmingitaly.com has lots of other places to check out.